We just wanted to let everyone know that Jonah did VERY well with his surgery this morning. We went to Burlington last night and stayed the night in a hotel. We ate dinner at an inn that had a live band playing celtic music. Jonah loved it. He kept clapping when everybody else clapped and was just taking everything in.
We had to be att he hospital at 6:30 this morning. I went in to the operating room with Jonah and held him while they held a mask over his face and put him to sleep. Then I went out and waited with Nick. Between 5 and 10 minutes later the doctor came out and said that it all went really well. She felt the membrane in his nose break when she probed it, then she passed colored liquid through his tear duct to see if it came out his nose, and it did. So, literally, about 15 minutes later we were back with him and on our way out the door. We were done and having breakfast by just after 8am.
You can already tell by this afternoon and his eye is better. It's not all runny and it basically looks exactly like the other eye. Hopefully it continues to look good and we can put this behind us. He was such a good little man through the whole thing. Nick and I are very proud of him. Thank you all for all your thoughts and prayers today. We all did well!
I'll add more pictures soon. I can't get the videos to upload, but hopefully I'll have some time this weekend to look into it more and see if I can get it to work.
It's been a big day today! Jonah's already in bed and Mommy and Daddy are going to head that way too!
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment